Stage Curtains and Stage Backdrops
Chicago Canvas and Supply carries the highest quality fabric to create stage curtains, stage backdrops, and sets to suit your production’s style and budget. Whether you’re a professional scenographer or in charge of your first student theatrical, our in-stock inventory of theatre fabric will suit your specific needs.
When it comees to selecting stage curtains, we highly recommend using our Guide to Selecting Stage Curtains for a side-by side comparison of flame retardant and non-flame retardant fabrics, cotton vs. synthetic, heavy duty, and cost. Here are some of our more popular sellers for stage curtains:
- Commando Cloth – flame retardant, cotton, and heavy duty
- Duvetyn – flame retardant, cotton, economical, and great for masking
- Grand Drape Velours – flame retardant or inherently flame retardant, cotton or synthetic. Medium weight velour is great for long nap drapes.
Scrims are ideal for reveals, light diffusion, and other on-stage lighting effects. Our scrim selection includes:
- Sharkstooth Scrim – open weave fabric used for bleed through effects
- Leno-filled Scrim – diffuses and softens light. Perfect four bounce drops and cycs.
- Linen Gauze – light weight scrim used in set dressings, scenic backdrops, screens,
Chroma-key is often referred to as the green screen fabric. This fabric is perfect for effect shots.
Competitive Prices & Short Lead Times
We offer competitive prices, a huge inventory of scenic and decorative theatrical fabrics, and on-stage supplies in stock. We understand that creating stage backdrops and curtains often need to be done in a hurry. Chicago Canvas & Supply can ship same day.
Chicago Canvas & Supply also offers custom fabrication services, with quick turn-around times, to meet your every need.